Dec 28, 2010

The Cold Turkey Diaries: Week 1 Round-up

It has been a week without a cigarette and it's been tough but a lot easier than I thought it would be. So here's a breakdown of the past seven days.

Day 1- Nothing really happened other than throwing up because I put on a patch that was double the amount I needed.

Day 2- I spent the entire day high because my body wasn't used to oxygen. I also had several other maladies such as indigestion, anxiety, tingle fingers, etc. This was the first day I noticed just how many systems smoking effects.

Day 3- I was travelling all day and there was some pretty serious anxiety while I was on a packed train. There was some constipation, indigestion, and my sinuses were flushing themselves out.

Day 4- Nothing happened, this was a great day for me.

Day 5- Depression really kicked in this day. There was some pretty serious frustration as well. On the light side most of the physical effects finished up.

Day 6- This day just sucked anyway. Depression was still there but not as bad as day 5 and frustration was pretty much only because of bad weather.Physical side effects were at a low.

Day 7- Ho-ly crap, this day sucked. I was stuck on a cold train platform for four hours. If there was going to be one day I would have caved it would have been this day. I didn't though and it looks like it's all down hill from here.

Week 1 conclusion- This is going really really well. The real test will be tomorrow when I go back to work. Work is where I used to smoke the most so we'll see how it goes. I'm confident though, if I can get through an entire evening waiting for a goddamn train in the freezing cold I should do just fine at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment